We make things and teach other folks how to make things!
Our goal is to create educational experiences that help people learn in a way that is efficient, effective, and appealing to folks of all ages and backgrounds. Our focus is to enhance the learning process by engaging, encouraging, and motivating learners to gain deeper, more significant, and more meaningful levels of understanding with future-ready skills so that they can continue this learning process on their own.
To do this, we provide:
- Project-based learning workshops and one-on-one classes in STEAM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Mathematics) subjects;
- Custom professional and curriculum development in STEAM subjects;
- Innovative and fun project and tool tutorials!
Our students engage in design and prototyping using common and industry-standard tools and practices. Through the process of building a particular project, our students explore, experiment, and discover fundamental concepts in STEAM subjects. This learning approach naturally fosters curiosity, creativity, and self-directed learning.
Why does this matter?
- Instead of consuming, we want to help build a society of innovators, makers, and problem solvers.
- The future will rely heavily on technology and technology-based skills. We want to prepare our students, adults and kids alike, for current and future jobs.
- The best way to learn something is to do it! We create curriculum that is engaging, hands-on, and produces real results. We are working hard to revitalize our educational system using project-based learning.
- We believe well-rounded individuals know a little bit about everything and we want to help teach subjects that are traditionally believed to be “difficult” or for “special kinds of people.” We believe that everyone is capable of science, technology, engineering, art, and math, it’s just a matter of having the right curriculum and the right teacher.
Workshops & Curriculum
We provide all materials and tools needed to build a particular project. While we strive to let our students keep as much of their project as possible, if you would like to keep all of the materials from a particular project we request that materials cost is added to the cost of the workshop.
$80/hr + $35/hr travel time
Small Group Workshops (max. 5)
$150/hr + $35/hr travel time
Large Group Workshops (6 or more)
Based on size, type, and location of class — please inquire.
Professional & Curriculum Development
$125/hr + $35/hr travel time
Current and Past Projects
Arduino 101; Breadboarding 101; How to Choose a Microcontroller; Intro to the (Headless) Raspberry Pi; Raspberry Pi LAN Webserver; Physics & Parkour.
Custom Project Tutorials
We develop, prototype, and publish custom project and tool tutorials. We use a variety of technologies, including Arduino and other Atmel-based microcontrollers, Raspberry Pi computers, and fabrication tools like 3D printers and lasercutters.
Our tutorials consistently receive thousands of views which translates into product sales and happy customers.
We have been featured by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, the Seattle Times, SparkFun Electronics, Adafruit Industries, Instructacles, Hackaday, Make: Media, and others. Please contact us to arrange a tutorial for your company’s product(s)!
$75/hr + materials
Please contact us at FoxBotIndustries@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up workshops, professional or curriculum development, or custom project tutorials for yourself, your school, or your organization.
Thank you and happy building!